Thursday, August 20, 2009

Eency Weency Spider(s)



I don't care for the creepy, ghouly side of Halloween, but I love the costumes, candy, and light hearted fun part of the holiday. I never allowed my kids to dress like monsters or witches, nor were they interested in those kinds of costumes. Over the years, our family wore Star Trek, Vikings and other historical costumes, Superman, Spiderman, Wolverine, and Batman, a robot, and even a pig with a curly tail.

My kids are grown, but I still like certain aspects of Halloween. I am rather partial to spiders and bats for some unfathomable reason--weird considering I hate real spiders, and I won't go anywhere near bats if I can help it. You won't catch me spelunking.

Cute spiders seem quite popular among the stamps this year, and bats figure prominently in the new punches. I couldn't resist. I pulled out the coupons and hit the sales at the LSS, Michaels, JoAnn's, and AC Moore.

I've never been much of a fan of the Martha Stewart scrapbook lines, but I love her new punch around the page sets. The spiderweb border is part of her new Fall 2009 seasonal punches. The Halloween word stamp was one of the AC Moore Studio G stamps. The spiders and the eek! came from the Studio G stamps at JoAnn Fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers