Friday, August 30, 2024

Learning to Make Clusters

Yes, I realize that "clusters" have been popular for awhile now in both card making and scrapbooking, but  as is probably obvious, I craft more for "therapy" than to follow the trends. I'm a care giver, and this summer, my husband had two medical procedures on his heart, lots of doctor appointments to drive him to, and a houseful of guests. And for the record, I invited my guests for reasons that I won't discuss here. But when I need a chance to de-stress, I head to my craft room. Trendy isn't as important to me as just playing with paper. When I'm too tired to craft, I sometimes just watch crafty videos. Most aren't my style, but I still enjoy seeing what others are doing.

On Ginger's Corner, Ginger did a video on making clusters. This one was a bit more interesting. I rather like this trend, although some clusters obviously look better than others, and it was a skill that I felt was not one that I had. So I printed a bunch of AI designs, and did some die cutting, and here are some clusters that I did.

While these clusters can be used for both cards and/or layouts, I think I would do better starting my layout first, so I know what colors I really need or want, but it was still good therapy for me.

The top middle one, and the lower right one were mostly made with Heartfelt Creations digital designs and papers that I die cut.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers