Monday, February 12, 2024

Heartfelt Creations

Heartfelt Creations (HC) announced last spring or summer that they would be winding down their business and closing their doors. I have loved their designs ever since I found them at a scrapbook/card making convention in Virginia many years ago. My crafty friends and I used to scrapbook together at the local scrapbook store (LSS), as well as attend conventions together. The LSS closed, and over time, many of us moved to other states. When I first moved to Texas, I went to every scrapbook/stamp convention that I could. In 2017, I went to at least 3 conventions that came to my area. I went alone. I couldn't find any other paper crafting enthusiasts to go with me, and while I taught a free card class in my home for over a year, none of those who came to my card nights were interested in conventions.

I have been to only one or two conventions since COVID, but Heartfelt Creations no longer attended by then. I have been taking advantage of Heartfelt Creations' online sales, but I haven't been making much using their products lately, so I decided to get out some of my HC dies and stamps and this simple Valentine card what I came up with:

These are dies that I've had for years. The patterned paper was a more recent acquisition. It is from their Sweet Pea collection. Anyway, it was fun to play with HC products again.

After making this card, I pulled out their Wildwood Cottage paper pad and stamps. That collection had some extremely cute fairies. I made a card with their fairies back in the fall which you can see here:

Wildwood Cottage Card

On Sunday, I decided to stamp and cut out a bunch of the Wildwood Cottage fairies ahead of time for future cards. That is when I realized that I didn't have the matching fairy die set, so I created a cut file with my Silhouette. Now I have a bunch of fairy die cuts, mushrooms, and flower pots to color and add to future cards. It's a very cute set. I don't know why I have neglected it so long.

Since they are having an ongoing warehouse sale, where the more you buy, the bigger the discount you get, I have recently added to my HC collection of paper pads, stamps, and dies. One of the most recent acquisitions was a Mushroom Cottage paper pad. I decided it looked even better in person than online, and placed another order to get what stamps and dies were still available to go with it, along with another paper pad. This set has a similar style to the Wildwood Cottage collection, and I think they will be cute together, although the paper pad for the two different fairy sets each have a different color palette. The stamps and dies, however, can definitely be used together.

Heartfelt Creations sells beautiful (as well as cute) products, but they won't be available much longer. I think I have probably placed my last order, but I have enough to last me for as long as I can craft. Still, it's always sad to say goodbye to a favorite company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers