Saturday, January 7, 2023

Scrappy Tails A7 Storefront Pop Up Card

Years ago, I received a card that was like a box card, which I knew how to make, but which popped up instantly as soon as I took it out of the envelope. I never did figure out how to make it, since I would have had to destroy the card to see how it was done, and it was too nice to tear apart.

When I saw this design from Scrappy Tails, I was delighted. My daughter came to visit for Christmas and New Year's, so we each made a house. The one on the right is hers, and the one on the left is mine.

I didn't have the right sized rubber bands, and I couldn't find any to buy that were 4 inches (diameter), so when I didn't hear back from Scrappy Tails about where to find the necessary rubber bands, we improvised by using thin elastic cord which we cut and tied the right length, to make our own. It worked well, possibly better than the rubber bands.

We also used a couple of dies from other house card die sets. The bird and bird bath are from another set. Also, I used my Silhouette to cut the topiaries on the back. The house on the left in both photos is mine, the one on the right is my daughter's version.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers