Tuesday, July 5, 2022

It's Magical! HTV on Fake Leather (Polyester) DOES work!

I have a professional heat press, which I use to make shirts, but last Christmas, my DH gave me the smallest Cricut heat press that is like a tiny flat iron, just without holes. I found directions on the internet for applying HTV to polyester, and the key is to use very low heat. I used the lowest setting on my mini Cricut press. I also learned the hard way that you have to let each layer cool before removing the plastic backing, and I used a teflon sheet on top when heat pressing. It's not perfect (since I tried to remove the plastic backing too soon), but it still turned out pretty well.  To buy a Disney wallet can easily cost a minimum of $30 to $40, and I'm pretty happy with the results. The flaws are only obvious if you look for them.

The plain black wallet was only $15 from Amazon. I turned clip art from the internet into a Minnie cutting file for my Cameo. End product: a Disney character wallet on a budget that will hold my driver's license, medical and credit cards, cash, and even my cell phone.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers