Saturday, October 17, 2020

CARDtober Challenge 17: Brown/Hard to Use Colors

This challenge was to use brown or whatever color is typically difficult for you to use in card making. The twist was to incorporate circles in some way. I struggle to use brown/kraft paper. 

This is a kraft patterned paper that I had in my stash, with various printed designs on it that could be cut apart for card making. I'd found a 12 sheet pack of it at Tuesday Morning, and I bought it, thinking that it would be great for cards, but I actually have had a very difficult time using it. 

I often wake up during the night and can't go back to sleep. Last night was another of those nights, so I was up in my craft room around 4:30 this morning, working on this card. It came together easier than I expected. The hardest part was actually figuring out what to use for the card base behind the printed kraft elements. I used an embossing folder to give the lighter brown card stock some texture/dimension.

The kraft paper is called Alfresco Sampler on Kraft by Canvas Corp.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers