Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Queen and Company Sketch Challenge

Yes, I've been doing nothing but Queen and Company lately, but they have had some fun challenges. I'm not affiliated with them in any way. I just love their products, and they have great customer service. Making shaker cards has been my therapy over these last few months.

On Tuesday, July 14th, Ginger Williams did a show and tell video showing their new Foundation die sets #6,7,8, and 9. I pre-ordered them that night, and they shipped on Friday the 17th. I took them out of their packaging last night, but I didn't have time to play with them until this morning. I did make a card a week ago, based on the sketches, but I didn't have them in hand at the time, so I used other dies that I had on hand.

Both cards were made based on sketches for set 8. The first card was made with the dies I had on hand, including the Queen and Co. Love Jar and Bug Jar sets. I used the bug shaker fillers, but I added some pink micro beads that I had on hand, too. I used patterned paper from their Flirty Florals paper pad. The vertical strip and tag were my attempts to duplicate what I'd get with the Foundation dies in set 8, but after the dies came, I realized that I was a little off on the proportions. Still, it was fun to make. I'm not entirely satisfied with the card, but here it is:


This card I made using other dies from Foundation Dies set 8. The sun shape just screamed to be adapted to a sun shaker.  I used the "icing" die from the Travel Shaped Shaker set to make that. I needed the outline die from the Magic set for the window. It worked, anyway. The stamped phrase is from their summer set. The patterned paper was from their Happy Hello paper pad. The heart bling was from a thank you freebie pack in one of my orders. I used buttons and seed beeds that I had on hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers