Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Refupeas Tuesday Challenge: Shake It Up!

It's my turn to host the challenge. I chose to do a shaker card challenge. I showed several examples and wrote what I thought were detailed directions, but I guess they were not as clear as I thought. Additional clarification was requested, so I decided to add process photos to help clarify. These are the different types of shakers that I currently do. All projects and photos are mine, although the Goofy card is an adaptation of one from the Queen and Company website. Stamps for the top and bottom images are by My Favorite Things.

First, the basic, foam tape shaker, which is the way I learned to do shakers more than 20 years ago:





Second, the Queen and Company shakers use dies and foam. These are my current favorite type
of shakers to make, and they are thick enough to use bulkier fillings, such as buttons. You can cut fun foam with their dies, but you will need to cut and glue two layers to get the same thickness as the foam shapes that they sell.

 Finally, the molded acetate window shaker, made to go with matching dies. This is one by
My Favorite Things, although there are other companies that also make this style:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers