Saturday, January 27, 2018

Scan N Cut 2 and a micro mini review.....

I never met an electronic cutter I didn't like. Well, almost never.

I started with the original blue Wishblade back in 2005, graduated to a 12 inch wide BossKut Gazelle, later bought a Cricut Expression, then eventually the Silhouette Cameo when my Gazelle stopped communicating with my computer, finally gave into temptation and bought a Cricut Explore Air 2 a little over a year ago in order to be able to cut leather, and this week, I bought the Brother Scan N Cut.

None of the machines were given to me. No manufacturer or company has sponsored, advertised, or in any way bought my interest, opinion, or loyalty. I bought each machine with my own money and because I wanted each one after reading reviews.

Each machine does certain things better than the other cutters. As far as the newer machines, the Cricut Explore Air 2 cuts heavier materials, the Silhouette Cameo has extremely capable design software, and the Brother Scan N Cut will scan and cut your stamped images. I love stamps, so the ability to cut them without having to buy matching dies is what finally made me decide to buy it.  I will stick to my Cameo for nearly everything else, and still use my Explore when I want to cut heavy materials.

I am learning that the Scan N Cut does not fussy cut every stamp equally well, but I can usually get it to cut most of my stamped images, although some I have to give a small border of white first.  Still, it is definitely a machine worth having if you are a stamper. I am good with scissors, but it doesn't mean that I enjoy cutting out detailed stamped images.

My next post will include a couple of my first experiments with stamping and cutting with the Scan N Cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers