Thursday, January 4, 2018

Disney Shirts

When our oldest son and his wife paid off their house in 2016 and became debt free, they decided to celebrate by saving up for a trip to Walt Disney World. We were invited to join them. It sort of morphed into a big family reunion, with members of my daughter-in-law's family, as well as all of our own kids and grandkids.

It had been over 20 years since we had visited Disney, but I remembered that Disney shirts were pricey. Besides, who wants a shirt that several other people are bound to be wearing? I let members of my family choose what they wanted, and I created the shirts.

I thought I would have them all done in short order. Wrong. Those shirts took me weeks to create, but I made a total of at least 26 shirts, most of them different from each other. Most were inspired by shirts I saw on Pinterest. A couple of them were made using files I had bought from Cricut. Some were adapted from clip art, and a few were truly unique and original.



Most of the family doing the planning opted for a basic Mickey or Minnie Head in solid black on a red t-shirt. Most of them had younger kids and wanted something simple.  I don't have little kids anymore and have more craftinng time. I wanted something a bit nicer. The Minnie head made of small Mickey heads was an idea that I saw on Pinterest. This was my first shirt. I liked it enough that I put it on a tote bag, as well as on a belt bag. The belt bag (not shown) was a royal pain to do because the zippers limited the space available for applying heat. I had to do it with my iron instead of my heat press.






The next one was adapted from the design that most of the family were doing. At least two of the families had paid off all debts, including their homes. My husband and I are still working to pay off our house. Anyway, the "Debt Wars" idea was expanded by them. I simplified what was in the box, since theirs said, "Debt free."


I will say this, that despite the huge crowds at Disney during Christmas to New Year's, the green shirts were easy to spot!

More photos to follow. Everyone in my family chose unique shirts.  I had to design what they wanted, create the cutting files, and then make them. We were pretty happy with the results.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers