Wednesday, June 18, 2014

More Box Cards

I have gotten addicted to making these.  I had bought the honeycomb paper at Michaels to go with a couple of bee stamp sets (Darcie's), but I had not gotten around to using it.  I found a plaid at the scrapbook store that looked good for the bottom outside panels.  I stamped and fussy cut the beehive, clover, and bees.  I used a clear acetate to adhere the clover and bees.  It gave the clover support, which was needed because the stems were so fragile.  It made the bees appear to be hovering in the air.  I haven't figured out what saying will go on the front panel.


This spring box card was created partly because we had been having a lot of rain.  I found umbrella and rainbow papers at the scrapbook store.  I used Silhouette cutting files for the little girl with umbrella, boots, hat, and umbrella.  I used the saying "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain" on the front panel, but the photo was taken before that was added.  Since I gave it away, I can't get an updated photo.

I have a friend who is a singer.  Music is her life.  She is probably moving, so I made this card for her to remember me by.  She loved it!  The Piano and flourished Treble Clef are Silhouette store files.  The music stanza was from a die that someone cropping at the scrapbook store let me borrow for a few minutes.

 
I made this box for a friend who trains dogs.  Most of the paper is at least a year or two old, and I used a few coordinating stickers from my stash.  I did buy one newer paper from the scrapbook store where I made the box and took the picture.  Trust me, I do not have pink walls in my house. I fussy cut the doghouse, dogs, etc., for the dividers.


This one was made from leftover scraps of Graphic 45 papers, after I had finished a layout:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers