Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Box Cards a.k.a. Cards in a Box

I don't remember where I first saw box cards, possibly in the Silhouette online store, but they are becoming very popular.  They are also a lot of fun to do.  Instead of scrapping, I have been making a lot of box cards.  I have also lost count of how many I have made and given away.  I have taken photos of most of them, and I am finally getting around to posting pictures of the best.


The box card above is the first one that I made.  I used a Silhouette cutting file by Lori Whitlock.  I think the papers are mostly Graphic 45.

SVG Cuts also sells some very cute box cards.  I have made and given away several of this strawberry box by them:


The next one is another box card from the same collection.  I made it for my missionary son:


All of the above were made with cutting files designed by other people.  However, it is also easy to make box cards  using patterned papers, stamps, die-cuts, or whatever suits your fancy.  You can make them very personal and individual.  My next post will show other box cards that I have created from start to finish and which are my own creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers