Saturday, February 8, 2014

Baby Onesie Cards

I recently signed up for Scrapbook Expo emails, and to my amazement, I was actually pleased with what they sent me.  What caught my eye in the first email was this adorable baby announcement:

http://weeklyscrapper.com/baby-announcements/

I had been invited to a baby shower for the daughter of my husband's cousin, so I wanted to make the card special.  I fell in love with the idea shown in the link, but I didn't have time to sew on the papers like she did, and I just did the best I could with papers and what I had on hand.  Also, it was an opportunity to put my Cameo to work.  Well, I have actually used it a lot recently, just haven't posted my projects, but this was still another chance to play with my Cameo.

Since the link showed the clip art image that inspired the cards, I just used the same images to create a cutting file.  Instead of doing a trace of the image, I used the Cameo tools to trace each piece by hand so that I could layer the pieces.  Then I played around with a few different papers and came up with three baby girl cards.  I let my husband choose which one to give to his cousin's daughter.  Here is the one he chose:



What looks like metal brads on the heart and on the overall straps are actually craft pearls.  The scan just makes them look like metal.

Here are the other two onesie cards, which I now have ready for future baby girl showers:



I actually did use metal brads on the top card.  The centers of the hearts were pink candy dots.  Scans just really can't show some things accurately.

Then today I did a boy card using camping papers that I found at Tuesday Morning.  The other side of the papers looks more like camping paper.  The sides I used worked perfectly for my baby card since they were a bit more generic, and the colors lent themselves well to a boy card:



The dog peek and the phrase were files from the Silhouette store.  The brads I used were kind of a deep copper.  I made two cards like this.  I hope to do a different boy card at some point, but at least I am set for now with cards for any upcoming showers.

They needed a 6x6 inch envelope, which I made with my envelope punch board.  Love that thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers