Monday, April 11, 2011

Tile project #4 plus a BooBoo Bunny


You get two projects in one post today. I made this plaque for my DD, who has worked hard to achieve certain goals, which seem to stay just out of reach. It's one of my favorite quotes.

Right beside the plaque is a BooBoo Bunny, which is a little bunny made from a washcloth. The body of the bunny holds an ice cube for a child's "boo-boo" and was made to go with a baby shower gift. I showed my DD how to make the BooBoo Bunny, and she made one, too. The one above is the one I made, and it's the first time I've had this much details. Normally I'd use a pom-pom ball stitch on the back for a tail, but I didn't have one, so I stitched a fluffy looped tail instead. I used to sell Tupperware many, many long years ago, and my Tupperware manager showed me how to make them. I don't remember why she taught me, maybe for a little prize to give out or something (Tupperware used to sell covered ice trays, so it's not unreasonable). Whatever the reason, it is a craft that has come in handy more than once for me. It makes a cute package topper for a baby gift.

Now, of course, you can find instructions on the internet. Here is a link:


The instructions shown in the link are exactly how my Tupperware manager showed me. I have made one change, however. I don't use a rubber band, which could potentially break and be a choking hazard. I wind button thread around the "neck/ears" several times instead and stitch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers