Saturday, April 17, 2010

Get Well Shaker Card

I am a sucker for embossing folders, as you can probably tell if you've looked through my blog. When I found some new Sizzix embossing folders at AC Moore, I couldn't resist. The one I used for this shaker card is from the Sizzix Textured Impressions Wedding Set. I simply used detail scissors to cut out the inside, which I didn't want since it had the following text: "Wishing you all the best on your very special day." I needed a get well card for a dear friend who was seriously ill in the hospital, so the embossed text really didn't fit. I loved the design of the folder, just didn't need the saying inside. Once I cut out the inside text section, I applied clear transparency behind it. I attached the "get well soon" (from a Cuttlebug die set) onto the front of the transparency. Then I put poster tape on the back, all around the opening (but where it wouldn't show), added the usual stuff for making a shaker card, and attached the card base. I embossed a few of the punched flowers, layered small Prima flowers on top of the punched flowers, and that was it.

My friend was too drugged to enjoy it (she nearly died), but her mom liked it. My friend is much, much better now, but I just hadn't gotten around to getting the picture off my camera till today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers