Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Chocolate Piñata for Father's Day

We had gone to Uncle Julio's for my birthday, and part of the celebration was to get their chocolate piñata. It was so much fun to break, that I was obsessed with learning how to make one myself. I haven't done any paper crafting since the card class, because I was busy learning to make a chocolate piñata. I found a fun Mouse head mold on Amazon, which turned out to be a bit more challenging than I expected. It was of silicone, so the two halves didn't quite match. 

Next time I want to make a chocolate piñata, I will use the mold available at Michaels. It's just round, but it is a lot easier to use than this one was, and should be symmetrical, not slightly off. However, we are Disney fans, so I really had to try to make the Mouse head. I filled it with Star Wars shaped chocolates that I had made. Chocolate is heavy, so with everything inside and the two halved sealed together, it was extremely heavy. Surprisingly, it hung just fine without additional support (I had, however, given it some inside support at the top). 

I gave my large fondant rolling pin to my husband to use to break the piñata for our Father's Day celebration. Just a note: we had been waiting for part of our family to arrive from out of town, and it had gotten late, so I didn't scrape the excess/edges off (from sealing the two halves together) before hanging it. It was a rush job at the end, so it doesn't look as nice as I had planned, but everyone enjoyed it thoroughly. If you ever want to make a chocolate piñata, I recommend using Ghiradelli dark chocolate melting wafers. They worked better than the dark chocolate wafers from the cake supply store, and the Ghiradelli tasted better, too. I had used the Ghiradelli for making the piñata, but I used the wafers from the cake supply store to make a chocolate bowl for each person. I had found the bowl molds at Hobby Lobby. Everyone had plenty of chocolate! We have video of my husband breaking it, but no photos other than this one, before he broke it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers