Monday, May 20, 2019

Scooter Card

Awhile back, Heartfelt Creations came out with a wonderful product line called "Young at Heart." They also had a limited edition scooter stamp and die set, but I found out about it too late. They were sold out.

Recently on Facebook, an ad for Spellbinders came into my news feed. They had a small scooter die set for the May Small Stamp of the Month set.  I, who have never subscribed to anything, caved when I saw the scooter die set and card samples. A week later, I had that die set in hand, along with a couple of others I ordered.

When put together, it looks kind of like a paper piecing. I think it is super cute. The only downside is that you have to glue the pieces to your background, and I had trouble figuring out what background paper to use. I tried a couple of different ones which were just okay, before I finally decided to use the one below. It is from the Heartfelt Creations Wildwood Cottage paper pad.



I love the brick and the ivy background paper!

I typed my sentiment for the front of the card on the computer. I stamped the sentiment inside the card. It's from a Hero Arts set that I've had for a long time. I think this is the first time I have actually used any of the stamps from it. I thought it was perfect for this card.


The only thing that I wish Spellbinders had done different would be a silhouette of the completed design, so you could glue all the tiny pieces to that rather than background paper. I ended up using my Cameo to make a silhouette background. Now I can make a bunch of little scooters, in different colors, and then later figure out other backgrounds and stamps to use for additional cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers