Saturday, April 13, 2019

April Card Making Activity

I had seen a 3D basket weave embossing folder used for some cards on Pinterest. It turned out to be a Stampin' Up product, so I placed an order for it and a few other things.

I cut some card bases from kraft cardstock and embossed them with the basket weave folder. Embossing may not be the trendiest, but I love the look, especially for this card. I added some pansies that I made with the Heartfelt Creations Cheery Pansy stamp and die (from their Burst of Spring collection). I tried various ways of coloring the pansies, but my Copic markers gave the nicest results. The banner *might* be from a Karen Burniston die, but I'm not sure. I used a stamp from a super old clear stamp set.  The stamp was not the same shape as the banner, so I had to use a rather convoluted process to get it to stamp perfectly several times on several banners. It was a bit of a pain, but it worked.

I also found a cute picnic basket card among my Silhouette Design Store cutting files, used the embossing folder on it, and also used a stamp that I found awhile back either at a craft store or Tuesday Morning. The stamp came on a wood block, but like all my other wood mounted stamps, I had removed it, then painted Aleene's Tack-It-Over-and-Over on the back of it. The ants were originally right under the picnic phrase, but I took some scissors and carefully separated the ants from the phrase to make two stamps from it. I embossed the envelope flap with the basket weave, and stamped just the ants on the front of the envelope. The "lid" of the picnic basket is attached to the card that pulls out from the basket, as shown in the bottom photo.

They were both simple and relatively easy cards, and I am happy with how they turned out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers