Saturday, June 9, 2018

Layered or Stacked Cards

Recently on the RefuPeas scrapbook message board, jstblondie showed some beautiful cards she had made with stacking dies. They are dies that come as a set and which create a layered card. She also asked about using electronic die cut machines, so I decided to start playing with my Cameo to see what I could come up with by altering designs I had in my library as well as actual layered card designs.  These first two designs I bought from the design store. Lori Whitlock was the designer. I just chose the colors of cardstock and cut them:

This first one really looked pretty online, but not as pretty in person. I actually liked this next one better once it was cut and glued together

It's a bit hard to see the middle layer, but there are three different colors in the diamond layered card. It has a very dimensional effect and looks amazing in real life.

The next two were single layer designs that I altered using the offset feature of the Silhouette software to create 3 layers:



Unfortunately, the middle layer (medium blue) is not as obvious, but it is gorgeous. It also shows how nicely the Cameo can cut thin details.

The last one is not your typical layered card. I started with a single layer design from the Silhouette Design Store again, and turned it into a 3 layer design using the offset feature:


Layered cards are lovely. It can be expensive to buy the die sets, but cutting them with my Cameo works well enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers