Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Heartfelt Creations Lush Lilacs: Scan N Cut vs. Matching Dies

My favorite stamp company is Heartfelt Creations. Recently I had the opportunity to attend a Heartfelt Creations class where they taught us coloring and flower shaping techniques as we made 3 cards using their new Lush Lilacs collection. I bought the Lush Lilac stamps that day, but not the dies. After trying to cut them with my new Scan N Cut, I decided to order the Lush Lilac dies, too.

While I love what the Scan N Cut can do, it fussy cuts some stamps well, but others it needs a thin border. Most of the Lush Lilac stamped images ended up with a border when cut out with the Scan N Cut. I prefer my stamps fussy cut right on the edge. This post is shows a comparison of how close the Scan N Cut was able to cut out the Lush Lilac stamps vs. cutting them out with the Lush Lilac matching dies.

In each of the photos below, the stamped image cut out with the Scan N Cut is on the left, and the stamped image cut out with the matching dies is on the right.



There is a way to trick the machine into cutting images closer by using acetate, but I have not yet tried that technique

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers