Wednesday, October 10, 2012

October Perpetual Calendar


On page 59 of the Close to my Heart Autumn/Winter 2012 idea book/catalog is a bonus project suggestion,  a perpetual calendar for October.  I loved their idea and chose to adapt it slightly.  They used two blocks, while I used three.  I used Halloween and Fall themed stamps that I have been collecting for years since I didn't have the stamps shown in the CTMH project.  Some of my stamps were purchased more recently, some long ago.  I also used a variety of Halloween themed papers. Normally I try to list all materials used, with manufacturers, but I don't have time to do that right now, since there were so many used.  If you see something you desperately want to know, feel free to ask, and I will try to post a response with the information.

I used wood blocks from Michaels, and the black rhinestone bordered tray came from there, too.  I painted the wooden blocks black before applying each of the panels.  The center block does not have a panel on the bottom.  I could have gotten away with only two blocks, but I liked having the month shown, and I have a couple of decorative panels also.  I also wanted to have a zero on the center block, for the single digit numbers, rather than just have only one block on display.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers